The Greater Burnside Business Association has five current committees which promote, support, and advocate for businesses and organizations within Burnside Business Parks.
These committees include: Advocacy, Communication, Events, Finance/Executive, and Membership. Each of these committees meetings regularly identifying committee objectives and action items. If you’d like to join a committee, please email email@example.com
To identify issues of concern to members of Association and communicate these issues to representatives from municipal and provincial governments.
- Increase contact with Municipal and Provincial representatives to create top-of-mind awareness of Association and its goals
- Cooperate with like-minded organizations on issues of joint interest
- Establish GBBA as ‘voice of Burnside’ with government and media
- Advocate for and expedite elements of improved public transportation in Burnside (terminal, routes, shelter)
- Facilitate the improvement of transportation and infrastructure in Burnside
To create, promote and support a full calendar of events for the Greater Burnside Business Association.
- Establish and support a yearly calendar of quality events that provide opportunities for members to further develop business networks and foster the membership growth of the Association
- Embrace new/improved initiatives and help organize them to ensure they are carried out in a way that enhances the image of the Greater Burnside Business Association
- Design events to facilitate networking, education and action
To maintain the day-to-day expenses of the Association, manage its annual budget, and develop strategic goals for the advocacy, events, and membership committees.
- – To maintain the day-to-day expenses of the Association, manage its annual budget, and develop strategic goals for the advocacy, events, and membership committees.
Clear communication to our members
- Keeping up-to-date information on all social media and websites.
- Promotion of events in and around Burnside as well as members only events and monthly GBBA events.
Promote the GBBA to facilitate robust growth for the benefit of our membership.
- Greater access to information on the association’s membership
- Member addresses and contact information in an online directory
- Member information available but password protected to other members only
- Increased advertising opportunities for members